Good dvd/blu ray/netflix/wifi player?

gargus

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Im looking for my girlfriends birthday a new way for her to get netflix and such on her tv in her living room. She has a blu ray player out there now but its dying a slow death so I was considering a new one maybe. She uses the wii for netflix out there but the controller is a pain unless your dead on infront of the reciever and it doesnt hook up with HD cables.

She has a roku in her bedroom and she likes that because you can add channels and such to it but I didnt know if you could with other devices. Im a bit of a novice at this since I dont use netflix or really watch much tv when Im not with her. So I need advice on a good device.

1- I want something that is wifi for streaming netflix.

2- Would like something with a usb port so we can watch movies I download and bring over on the tv.

3- Something you can easily as possible navigate netflix with.

4- Blu ray with upconversion for dvds since she has a blu ray and dvd collection.

5- My budget is Id like to stay under 120 dollars and I dont want cheap junk. Would like something that is quality and last for awhile.

Not a used one. A PS3 will replace the Wii and the Roku, which means less devices messing up the area. Although replacing the Wii is iffy if one likes the Wii exclusive games. And you can find many people bartering their PS3 for something on craigslist.

Although most web connected Blu Ray players have online streaming and netflix, but your navigation will be about the same as with the wii. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882676261.

Seems like the starting price for a network Blu Ray with a USB port is right around $120.

gargus

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Again, ps3 is out of my budget. Unless you can find a ps3 for under 120 bucks with a remote from a known retailer that offers a warranty for 120 dollars or less it wont work. Used or not, Im not finding a ps3 for less than 120 bucks and even if I did Im sure it will barely run for that cheap. Gamestop sells them for 250 for even just a 40gb, which incase math escapes you is 130 MORE than my budget allows.

Ill just go someplace else and ask my question I guess.