Cuzzin Chizzy

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
I have a Sony Bravia 32EX710 LED TV and I'm trying to figure out the set's refresh rate at different settings.

I've seen in different spots that it's 60 hz, 120 hz, 120hz with motion flow.

Is it 60hz standard and only 120hz with motionflow on?
Or is it 120hz all the time and motionflow just reduces blurring, judder?
And what does the Cinemotion do?

I want figure out what my actual refresh rate is at different settings so I can set my PC's graphics card to the right configuration to avoid screen tearing and stuttering in games.

They make this stuff so confusing.

LCD TVs are very slow (even if they are lit with LEDs instead of lamps) so the manufacturers make it confusing to judge whether each set is actually faster or just has processing to make the effect on the picture less noticeable. I would suggest going with 60hz and turning off all the video processing features for gaming. The picture is often better with them off for TV and movies too.

Cuzzin Chizzy

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
I agree with the TV and movies. My dad for the longest time had his tv with motion flow on and movies looked sooooo cheesy.

I actually do prefer the way it looks for games though. Less ghosting.

Cuzzin Chizzy

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
There is a tiny bit of a lag from when you press the button to when the action happens on screen, but it's in milliseconds. I've experimented with firing a shot in a game and flipping the motion settings back and forth. The difference is very small. Most people probably wouldn't notice it. It doesn't hinder game play for me but if I'm playing competitively in a fighting game or fps. I turn it off.

Sucks having OCD though. I wish I had a set with a higher refresh rate with absolutely no lag.