Laptop that would run World of Warcraft

Cullwch

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
Hello. I am seeking to buy a laptop that could run all the content of World of Warcraft for the lowest possible price. I don't mind if the settings are set to the minimum so long as the gameplay itself is unaffected and the game runs well, however ugly it may look. Price preferred in pounds or euro. :D

Thank you in advance.

xxsk8er101xx

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Stop playing world of warcraft.

Cullwch

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010

I fail to see how that constitutes an answer to my question. I didn't ask you as regards what I should or should not play.

Hunsman

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
I would like an answer to this as well. I am Looking to Buy a laptop also
but I don't want to get a high end one. I want it to play World of Warcraft
and I also don't care if its at the lowest video settings for the game. It just
needs to play it. ANYONE that can Actually give a good answer to this please.

G

WoW will run on a very low spec laptop, i've seen it run on a net book!

min spec would be 2GB ram
256mb graphics
20GB free on HDD

I run WoW on my Dell XPS

Windows 7 64bit
1GB 8800 GTX SLI graphics
4GB RAM
Physics Card

The lower you go the laggier it gets, you'll notice it more in Dalaran and raids.

rpg123

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
To run around solo, almost anything will work, at least in low population areas.

To do raids decently though, you need a bit of power, mostly cpu.
Minimum
dual 2.0 ghz cpu
2gb ram
ati 3200 or even intel 4500 integrated graphics will work if you turn off some graphics details.

An i3 laptop would work great.

rpg123

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
This link shows frames per second with various graphics chips in different games, including WoW.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphic-Cards.13849.0.html

Is your 1545 the single core Celeron variety?

To answer your question, Intel integrated 4500mhd will run WoW on low settings at about 35fps. I'm guessing they measured this in the beginning areas, the higher level areas get more graphically demanding. A dedicated graphics card would work much better. In parties, raids, and populated cities a fast dual core cpu will keep your fps from diving. You could play alone, but that isn't what a MMO is really all about in my opinion. A single core with intel 4500 can run the game, but I wouldn't recommend it.

TRENDING THREADS