Logitech Z5500 Problems

benefit

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
Hey all,

I'm having some trouble with my Z5500's. Everything was working alright until I just recently reformatted my hard drive--now the effects on my console for optical input are: "PLII Music"/"PLII Movie"/"Stereo"/"Stereo x2". It used to default to "Digital" or something like that. Also, Creative Control Panel doesn't affect my sound at all. When I put on EAX effects all the way, for example, there's nothing registering.

I'm noticing poorer audio quality, mostly in that my rear speakers aren't putting out as much as I'd like.

I'm running an optical cable to an X-Fi Titanium sound card. Same exact physical setup as it was when it was working properly, it's just being weird since reformatting.

If anyone can help, please let me know!

Solution

fzs

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011

Go to your creative console and then there in the encoding turn the Dolby Digital Live or DTS 'ON'. Only then you will get the surround sound. The thing is your sound card is now providing 2 chanel output and hence u can only use the 4 decoding provided by the z5500 console. If you previously encode the sound using your sound card ur z5500 console will recognize the encoding and show Dolby Digital or DTS.

Hope it helps

Solution

benefit

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
thank you so much! i did what you said and then switched my default sound device from spdif out to speakers, and it worked beautifully.

...but then i was blasting music and my console just turned off, and won't turn on again. there isn't even the orange ring around the power button. i take it some fuse blew. do you know how i could fix it?

thanks again!

fzs

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011

well i only know that there is a fuse behind the SUB. check that otherwise i'm clueless...