Denon avr-687

tshank_42

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I currently have a Denon AVR-687 receiver that i use for my home theater in my family room, In addition to using it for my home theater I want to use this reciever to send audio signals to my patio receiver (Sherwood) and 2 separate pairs of speakers that are connected to it. anyone know if this can be done by running a RCA cable to the AUX terminal of the Sherwood? Thanks, Tom

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
Well, since you have a separate receiver for your patio, you would not need your Denon AVR-687.

Your two separate receivers each have their own amplifiers and pre-amplifiers so they can work independently of each other.

tshank_42

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
I understand what you are saying, but what I want to do in some instances is have the same music playing in the house and on the patio at the same time, the music source (apple tv) is connected to the Denon in the house. I thought there was a way to out put the music un amplified from the denon to the Sherwood on the patio. Am I wrong? Thanks for reading. Tom

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
Well, you can't connect two receivers to each other and play from one source. You can probably connect two receivers to one single source (like a TV/ipod), but the TV would have to have multiple connections and/or be able to handle multiple connections to send it to two different outputs.

You can use one of your receivers as an amplifier and the other as a preamplifier/amplifier too extend its terminals for speakers, but it depends on the models...and I don't think your specific models can do that.

TRENDING THREADS