White spots on my mitsubishi projection tv model WD 65735

Status
Not open for further replies.

OAR

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012
Why do i have white spots on my Mitsubishi DLP TV Model WD 65735, and what part do i need so i can fix it? How much would the part cost and where could i get one?

jcoultas98

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
Would you describe your white spots as sunburst, or small hot spots, or are they much smaller, and single hard boxes?

There are two types of spotting on a DLP, and they can point to a different issue.

Sad mitsu ownwer

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
I have a Mitsubishi WD65733 I have white dots that turn into black holes. They are about 1/8 of an inch in size.
What is the cause and how do i get it fixed. Is this going to happen again in a couple of years ?
Is Mitsubishi doing something about this ?
How do I join the class action lawsuit?

snegrete8721

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013

shanehamilton

Honorable
May 14, 2013
i also have a 65 inch tv dlp and it has just started the white spots and has developed 5 in about a month. is there a fix or should i be preparing to a new one. mine is also about 3 years old. does having a xbox 360 hooked to it matter opr cause something like this?

TXgal

Estimable
Sep 17, 2014
We started with a white dot here and there and now they practically cover the whole screen and it's difficult to see the picture.

I called Mitsubishi Consumer Relations at 800-332-2119. I gave them the model number and serial number. The best they could do for me was send their service people to my house to replace the part, which they said is "free" but we have to pay $200 +tax for "labor."

We have not made up our minds, as we are considering just buying another tv--definitely not a DLP model. The white dot problem seems prevalent in several different brands of DLP models.

Scottia

Estimable
Sep 29, 2014
You need to re place a DLP chip it's $200.00 . I also found a diy on you tube . I have one if your interested. My husband wouldn't follow direction and decide to play with wires. There are a lot of diy on youtube but i think this is good.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/C9fiv4bI1qI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SteveDr

Estimable
Oct 2, 2014

A place called shop jimmy sells the chips and has excellent videos for replacing them. Basically the tiny mirrors in the chip get stuck and it gets worse as time goes by. I replaced mine in a Samsung set for about $175 for the DLP device. It wasn't difficult, just removing some boards and connectors to get to the device, putting the new one in, and adjusting it's physical position so that it aligned correctly on the screen before tightening it down.

kings696

Estimable
Nov 22, 2014
Go to the link below and read the entire post. There is a toll free number to call. Read the entire post and it will tell you what to do in order to get your TV a new chip and have it installed "FREE OF CHARGE". I just did this yesterday.

http://www.fixyourdlp.com/2012/05/15/mitsubishi-white-death-can-be-solved-for-under-230-3/

jodijean

Estimable
Dec 11, 2014

kings696

Estimable
Nov 22, 2014

You obviously didn't read the entire post. If you would have read it all you would have known how to handle the call. When they tell you that you will have to pay the $200 for the service call, tell them that you feel it is wrong for them to charge you anything at all because this was a defective part. Insist on them paying for everytjhing. Just say in in a kind and professional way. They are going to put you on hold for a few minutes. When they get back on the phone, they are going to offer you a free bulb but will still want you to pay the $200. Tell them that you had just bought a new bulb and don't need one. Tell them kindly that you don't want a bulb and you don't want to pay anything at all because this was Mitsubishi who was at fault. They will put you on hold one more time. When they get back on the phone with you they are going to tell you that it all will be done at no charge. Simple as that. Oh, and by the way, if you are paying $125 for a bulb, try a search on Amazon and you will save a lot of money on bulbs. So there it is........ your welcome!

Billy_11

Estimable
Nov 20, 2015
Called customer service and did what you said king696, they would not budge. Even said other people with the same problem have got theirs fixed for free. Asked to speak to a manager and was told no lol. They refused to do anything other than make me pay the 200 dollars. Frustrating

Elbert_1

Estimable
Dec 21, 2015

Since my television was manufactured in 2008, they refused to do anything at all about it, even though I pointed out it was a manufacturing defect. I spoke with two customer service representatives who said there was nothing they could do. They both refused to transfer me to a supervisor. One claimed she had no supervisor.
I sent an email to them expressing my disappointment with both the issue and the reps. It will also be the last Mitsubishi product my household purchases.

Christine_16

Estimable
Dec 30, 2015
I have the Mistubishi DLP Model WD 60C9 purchased in November of 2009. The white spots started about 6 months ago and I can barely see a picture now. Called last night and they are doing the $200 service call. I couldn't talk them into doing it for free or at least a $100. I'm such a wuss...lol..he threatened to not fix it at all if I didn't agree to that...might call back and see if I can further negotiate...It wouldn't be so bad if the spots were around the outside of the screen, but no they are most condensed right in the middle... :) good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.