Solved! Serious help regarding buying new laptop

swapnil_gaikwad

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
hi all.

i am planning to buy new laptop within 3-4days. i selected two laptop model.but i am confuse. because i have already acer laptop.and i face so many problem due to build quality.i choose acer aspire 5047g and hp pavilion dv6 2005ax laptop.plz suggest me which laptop is good for me.i am hardcore gamer.and previously i have acer aspire 5053 which have amd turion. i love amd processor.plz help me as soon as possible which laptop is best for me.

Solution
hp pavilion dv6 2005ax; 2.20 GHz AMD Turion II Dual-Core CPU, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics GPU

acer aspire 5047g; information not found

ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics is not usually thought of as a light weight gaming video chip, let alone one for a hard core gamer.

I think you'd want something in the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4xxx or 5xxx series for hard core gaming.

hp pavilion dv6 2005ax; 2.20 GHz AMD Turion II Dual-Core CPU, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics GPU

acer aspire 5047g; information not found

ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics is not usually thought of as a light weight gaming video chip, let alone one for a hard core gamer.

I think you'd want something in the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4xxx or 5xxx series for hard core gaming.

Solution
1) Check your model numbers. I can't find any such model as the "Acer Aspire 5047g". It's not even listed on Acer's website.

2) If you like the HP, then it will be ok for gaming. The HD 4650 is competent for gaming at medium settings.

3) If you want to game "hardcore" you are going to need some serious muscle and in a laptop, that usually means shelling out a little more cash than what an HP or Acer would cost.

swapnil_gaikwad

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
sorry guys its acer aspire 5740g laptop.its has ati radeon 5740 1gb dedicated graphic and hp have 4650 1gb dedicated graphic. let me know which one is good for hardcore gaming and for heavy softwares.please

If gaming is the only concern, then the 4650 in the HP is the faster card. Like I said before though, neither is really going to give you a "hardcore" experience. Also, the i3 in the Acer is faster than the Turion II in the HP. So you are kinda making a trade off.