I need help with choosing headphones.

shakgriig

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
I need help choosing headphones with certain specifications for $50 or less. The headphones need to be at least decent with music(gaming is a plus) but most importantly they need to not leak sound. My computer is currently in my bedroom and my girlfriend has pretty sensitive hearing and likes quite when she reads. I want to be able to play music and games without bothering her.

So far I have found the JVC HA-RX700, AKG K77 and Sennheiser HD428 but I don't know if those are what I am looking for or not or if they are better ones.

amorfati

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011

TRY Iit out, but for 50$ i don't think you find a good closed headphone. i used the Sennheiser HD 380 pro, you can look by Shure, they have well prized HP, Regards

ngoy

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009

If my girlfriend was in my bedroom the last thing I would be doing is playing on my computer. :eek:

That being said, for $50, the senns and AKG are good, I'd stay away from JVC. If you need a mic then you'd have to get a separate one though. I personally use a Sony MDR-V900, but they were close to $300 when I got them as a birthday present, uh, 16 years ago?

I've had a Sony MDR-V6 also, they were pretty good for the price, although a bit higher price-wise ($65 or so). I'd find a place that lets you listen to the headphones so you can see which one you like the best.