Home Recording Issues.

DustinV1981

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
Hi,

I have a sound problem. I recently decided to use my gaming rig for home recording.
Before I added any new software, I plugged my guitar in the integrated line in jack and recorded a riff
with windows sound recorder. Live play sounds great. When I playback my recording, there is a cracking sound.
It's only during playback. I plugged several devices in and recorded sounds and got the same results. I did the same with the
mic inputs front of tower and integrated. I don't know if this is an issue with the integrated soundcard or drivers, I have the latest drivers available.
The only thing i can think of is perhaps my Corsair H50 could be interfering, but why only on playback of recording?. It's too much trouble to
disconnect the water cooler and try a regular heatsink and fan. I don't have room to try a PCI sound card, the video cards take up all the available space.

I don't have any issues playing Mp3's or any other file types. Just play back of recordings I have made. I have tried every possible configuration
with hardware and hound from control panel, nothing works. I even disabled crossfire and put my CPU back to AUTO in BIOS.

Thanks,

My system specs are:

ASUS M4A78T-E MOBO
Corsair H50 Water Cooler with added on 2nd fan
AMD Phenom IIX4 955 BE Oc'd to 3.5GHz
12 GB of Corsair DDR 3 Gaming Memory
2 AMD Radeon HD 5770's in Crossfire
1000 Watt Ultra X3 PSU
3 Hitachi 1TB HDD's in RAID 1 configuration with the 3rd as a Hot Spare
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit OS
Thermal Take V3 Black Edition Tower with 2 additional LED fans (1 on the side vent and 1 cooling the HDDs

amorfati

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
I think....your guitat his output = HI-Z > Mic's are low Z = impedance, so the problem is your soundcard is clipping ( above 0 DB ) by a converter or put your guitar in the amp that you used en take a good mic > Shure SM57 with a little pre- amp ( Behringer > price - quality is very good ) look on both site's. www.shure.com / www.behringer.com. I hope you find a solution,regards