VIDEO: Samsung's AMOLED Gets the Sunlight Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanjm

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
That was so weird listening to the foreign language mixed in with english words like "camera" "super", etc... it was like he was speaking english but some of his words got garbled.

jdubsbooth

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
[citation][nom]g00ey[/nom]What a horrible accent. I used to believe the Dutchies were a lot better in English than that.[/citation]

I actually thought he was speaking Dutch with some English words sprinkled in.

justiceguy216

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]g00ey[/nom]What a horrible accent. I used to believe the Dutchies were a lot better in English than that.[/citation]

That's definitely not english, the words you recognized were pieces of technology. "AMOLED" is still "AMOLED" in Dutch or English.

g00ey

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
The first sentence sounded like he said "Samsung Wave is the first phone to use the stuerungsystem Bada", and I just thought "doesn't he know the word operating system?!?" and stopped listening. I guess it is Douche he speaks after all.

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
i cant view the video :) (im at the office) but it is an improvement if it is actually viewable hahaha. i have samsung jet, and cant see crap on the screen under direct sunlight, but other than that, amoled rocks! very deep black, very nice colors.

can we have this on lcd monitors?

bogcotton

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
[citation][nom]cons29[/nom]i cant view the video (im at the office) but it is an improvement if it is actually viewable hahaha. i have samsung jet, and cant see crap on the screen under direct sunlight, but other than that, amoled rocks! very deep black, very nice colors.can we have this on lcd monitors?[/citation]

Lol,

you've kind of fundamentally misunderstood what amoled and lcd means there.

amoled is good because of the properties of the technology used (A-ctive M-atrix O-rganic L-ght E-mmitting D-iode)((I hope to God thats correct).

LCD is Liquid Crystal display.

I think you mean could we have this in laptop/ desktop sized displays.

Maybe in 5 to 10 years they will be down to the £1000 mark.

Maybe.

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
ahaha sorry i meant to be used on our computer monitor, sorry my bad, kinda got used to lcd being a monitor, and yes i know lcd and amoled :) anyway i meant monitor :)

bp 4575

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
Why can't they just make the glass surface non-reflective or have the refelction blurred? I've seen reflection blurring done on TVs before.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Can I got a 1024x768 AMOLED screen in my PSPgo please?
Seriously, the resolution sucks and I have to max brightness when outdoors, and I can still barely see it (though brightness is always at minimum for indoor use because of the PSPgo's crappy battery life).

Sony and Samsung, you're making great phones.
Now, how about some love for the portable gaming market?

Status
Not open for further replies.