looking for vga analog to digital converter

holy19

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
I need to buy that converter can anyone send me a link of it for sale?
it's very important that the interfaces will be both of input and output in VGA adapter.
(ANALOG VGA TO DIGITAL VGA CONVERTER)

if u also can't find it (which is very weird ) how can create a converter as i want the input and output as VGA connectors.

jcoultas98

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
VGA is an analog Signal. I have never seen a consumer device that used a digital verison of VGA. The cable itself isn't capable of converting analog to digital. Are you sure you aren't looking for a VGA to DVI/HDMI adapter, or convertor? Those would be used to connect a VGA monitor to DVI, or HDMI video card. If you are sure, if you provided model numbers of the devices you are working with, we could probably help more.

holy19

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
hi, i receive from a spectrum analyzer analog signals and i need to convert it to digital signals cuz i need to save it in cyclone 2 (which has digital vga connector)

jcoultas98

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
The VGA on the Cyclone II Dev board is a 15 Pin D-Sub analog video output there is no VGA input. A few of the kits have USB, RS-232, and other custom inputs. These boards are not set up to receive a VGA video signal of any kind, only display. You should probably move your question to a forum dedicated to this sort of application, or call the manufacturer of your board, the Home Theatre section of Toms isn't going to be able to help you much

http://www.altera.com/literature/manual/mnl_cycII_dsp_board_ep2c70.pdf

http://www.johnloomis.org/altera/DE2/vga.html

holy19

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012

thanks.

sorry i was confused i receive from the spectrum analyzer analog signals (connected with analog vga to the spectrum for readin the data). now i have to convert it to digital signals and connected it to a i/0 input in cyclone 2. do u have any suggestion how to do it without converting to vga digital?

jcoultas98

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
Unfortunately, i don't know very much about these Cyclone units, so you will probably need to check with a development site specific to your needs. I DO know, however, if your analyzer has RS232, or USB outputs, you would save yourself quite a bit of development time and headache by using one of those. There is already support built into the system, and you wouldn't need to write too much custom software/firmware to integrate the input stream from your analyzer. Best of luck!