Solved! Looking for a good laptop for playing dragon age origins at med settings < $1000

revisionist00

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
1_What is your budget?

Would like to keep it below $1000, the lower the better!

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

I would like a 16" screen or higher

3_What screen resolution do you want?
1280 x 1024 is fine

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Desktop Replacement

5_How much battery life do you need?

Doesn't matter, just need something to play games whereever

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect 2.. along those lines, I would like to run the games at medium setting at least!

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)

Watching movies, light photo editing

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

not an issue

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.

Any sites that wont steal my credit card

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

As long as it sticks with the current technology

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need?
DVD, Blueray if possible!

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Not that picky as long as the company has a good track record of making decent products

13_What country do you live in?

USA

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Just looking for a portable pc that I can take with me and play my games in any room of my house. I play Dragon Age Origins and have a desktop that can play it on high settings. I just need a good laptop that will allow me to watch dvd, and play my games

darkrust

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
Do check out this if you do not mind 2nd hand laptop =D It's pretty much a worthwhile investment, just that you have to wait for shipping. http://www.adpost.com/sg/computers/10580/

Do note the pricing currency ;).

dubplatepressure

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
I just bought a 3 month old Asus K40IN-X2-BIL.

T4400 @ 2.2GHZ
4GB DDR2 800 Ram
500GB HD
Geforce G102M 512MB DDr2 Vram
14" 720p display.

Picked it up for $450CAD on Craigslist. At that price, you can pick up a second LCD for a couple hundred and have the best of both worlds.