Which speaker should I choose?

abhishekk89

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
Hi,
I am looking for a good 2.1 PC speakers for about 50 bucks. While browsing for deals in Amazon I came across the Corsair SP2200 speakers for $54.99. This speaker usually retails for about $100 and I thought it was a good deal to pick it up. But then these are gaming speakers and I use my speakers predominantly for music.

I mostly listen to Classic Rock and Heavy Metal and need more emphasis on mids and highs rather than mind blowing bass(Not saying I don't require bass. Drums and bass guitar need tight precise bass). I need a set of speakers which gives out a balanced sound output.

I was wondering if there is any other speaker which sounds better than the SP2200 for about $50. Should I pick these up for a bargain $54.99 or check out something else like the Creative T3200(which costs $49.99)?

Please advise. Is anything else good available for about $50?

i never even knew corsair made speakers. i've never heard about them and never heard anyone give a plus or minus about them.

those creative speakers seem alright. typical in what a low cost system offers.

--

when dealing with lower-end speakers i'm quite content with logitech's offerings. the Z313's can be had for around $40 and are a good value product. logitech also offers some more expensive products if that is more to your taste.

z999

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
Corsair began to make speakers, they began making a lot of strange periphals. If I remember correctly, the Corsair speakers are made by some big company especially for corsair and then are rebadged, they are of good quality but they ARE made especially for gaming. If your use is mainly for music (and metal, that requires a well balanced speaker) I would keep looking.

Yup, you basically getting a speaker made for a company to re-sell with it's name on it.

Reviews are pretty much average for their speakers but it can vary from model to model.

For PC speakers at this point Creative and Logitech are pretty good, but once it again it depends on the model. Creative at least came from a music back ground, the designer of the Creative Soundworks speakers, then were bought out by Creative. Henry Kloss was a legend in the audio world.