Dell latitude D600 misterious death

cybot_x1024

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2008
I previously had been having problems with this laptop where the three green lights next to the pwr button
(scroll lock, caps and numlock) flicker severally when I try to turn it on.
When i googled it, i found that applying pressure to the upper side of the keyboard or striking it fixes it. So i have
been working with it for a while now that way till afew days ago when it suddenly shut down. When i tried powering
it on the charging LED would light up orange consistently for 3 seconds and go off. When the the orange led lights up,
there is no fan, hdd or dvd drive activity. The screen also stays off.
I have tried disassembling it and assembling it but it still behaves the same way.
I know this laptop is old, but it has worked for basic internet use and document editing so id really like to get it working again.
Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
don't smash a laptop, ever. Applying the Fonz moves surely damaged your system. There are numerous things that can be wrong with it. I recommend getting a new laptop, the amount of time you would spend trying to fix this thing sounds like it would not be worthwhile.

ampedal

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
don't smash a laptop, ever. Applying the Fonz moves surely damaged your system. There are numerous things that can be wrong with it. I recommend getting a new laptop, the amount of time you would spend trying to fix this thing sounds like it would not be worthwhile.

Solution