Looking for some good headphones.

jmsellars1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010
Hi guys.

Sorry if this gets asked a lot but i have had a look around and there seems to be lots of different types and brands of headphones on the market and i'm not quite sure what i'm looking for.

I dont have a budget as such, i would just like to find a nice sweet spot between value and quality. As a rough guide, i'd like to keep it at around £50.

I mainly want something very comfortable with great sound quality. I don't want some 'gaming' headset with the bright lights and muddy bass. I prefer something with nice clear mids and highs with equally decent bass. I would prefer a headset with a microphone that retracts or just hides away well but i wouldn't like to sacrifice sound quality and comfort if possible. I am not too bothered about noise cancellation, it would be a bonus but i really don't mind. A long wire would be another bonus but it's not exactly a selling point.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Just to add, i am open to wireless suggestions and surround sound would be another great bonus. Also, i would prefer not to use USB because i have a sound card.