watchman2012

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
I know LG LM9600 is a good 3D TV, but is it also a good smart TV? I heard it applied a dual-core processor. I know most PCs have that now but does it really make a big difference in a smart TV?

brynn2012

Honorable
May 10, 2012
When it comes to smart TVs, the processor is important too but you also need to consider how each TV's feature can help consumers with the accesibility. For example, LG's smart TV uses the magic remote which makes it a lot more convenient to navigate.

heatherlinney

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Yes, it actually makes a pretty big difference. It's obviously faster than TVs with single-core processor. You won't have any problems with the TV you mentioned in terms of loading apps or just regular TV use. I also like that TV's smart interface myself for its simplicity.

sakun

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
I never really paid attention to the extra features on my TV until recently (I stopped watching Lost lol) I did check out the LG TV's smart UI and it was fast and simple. I love their magic remote :p Oh and as for the processor, some apps actually won't run as smoothly without the dual core processor. I can't wait for TVs to start applying quad core processors lol.

yang0409

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
If it makes a whole lot difference to the pcs it's the same thing with tvs. The previous posts are right. Dual core processors are needed so that the new features of this high end smart tv would work smoothly. The magic remote was mentioned earlier in the thread. This model's magic remote has the voice recognition feature and it wouldn't work properly if you have a slower processor.

peteredward

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Not really sure what exact processor my LM9600 is powered with but I find the opening of apps and response rate fast enough. What I know is the CPU that LG Google TVs have is L9 dual-core. I checked LG's website and their new TVs and only their Google TVs show the exact technical specs of their processor.

paulmy

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012

I don't buy it. My TV is not LG but the shop rep told me my TV has something that performs similarly as a dual-core processor but nothing really impressed me.
Mine is Vizio.

heatherlinney

Honorable
May 10, 2012

are you sure? Vizio doesn't even have the ability to produce a nice single-core processor smart TV. I doubted what you said. Or you were fooled by the guy. As far as I know, only LG has a few models and samsung has one model equipped with dual-core processor.

trepxe

Honorable
Feb 14, 2012
the lm9600 is a dual core processor and it works very fast. How can you notice the speed difference? Scrolling through menus wont cut it. You'll have to load up apps like hulu or youtube to actually notice the diff between single/dual core chips and by all means the difference is substantial, (not saying single chips are slow though).

stackerman4690

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012

Yes it will definitely. Due to the fact its a smartTV, which means you will do online browsing or applications that require online requirements, speed is a must. Loading will be a lot faster and run a lot smoother. If you're going to be streaming videos on youtube, dual core will stream a lot faster compared to a single processor. Facebook will be a quicker process. Even just installing applications will be faster as well as uninstalling applications.

billwillclark

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
I currently have the LM760, and I love it. Dual processors will definitely boost everything up, whether if it is streaming online, youtube streaming, or simply just downloading applications. From videos on youtube, the LM9600 is going to blow peoples' minds.

slrmichael

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
Feature-wise and design-wise LM9600 is one of the best high-end 3D Smart TVs that came out recently. CNET may question the picture quality of this TV but in my opinion, it really depends on your taste. If you prefer plasma, then get a Panasonic but if you will get 3D LED TV get a LG or Sony. I cannot recommend the complicated way to interact with a Samsung TV. They are just too many and not simplified.

Although I have LM9600, I would recommend you check the LG G2 Google TV. If you are looking for the most awesome features in a smartphone this year, get Samsung Galaxy S3. But when it comes to smart TV, get an LG especially the Google TV. The Play Store by Google makes it so simple for my S3 to download apps. Play Store can also do that on your Google TV (LG G2/Sony)

britnight

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Not to mention LG uses Passive 3d tech (which is obviously far more superior to active ones), their smart interface is so far the best out of many. My friend got the Sammy smart one, and my uncle got LM9600, they are not even comparable. The Sammy remote sucks and their interface is so complicated and hard to follow.
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/digital-home/3265743/group-test-whats-the-best-tv/ PC advisor picked LG telly for best TVs and LM9600 is even advanced model than LM670T.

stackerman4690

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
The LM9600 is one of the best end televisions you can ever get. A lot of big brands such as Samsung and Sony have been coming up with similar designs and models like the LG LM9600. However, it will be very difficult to mimick. The quality and design is definitely on top of the list for televisions.

tilt360com

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
Is the LM9600 LM960V? If it is, the LM960V is one of the top. Don’t forget that it is in the nominee for T3 gadget award for 2012. Freeview HD is off the hook. You can check the best of BBC, ITV, or C4. If Only I could have another TV. My friend has this one and he completely loves it.

slrmichael

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012

watchman2012, so do you have an LG LM9600?

slrmichael

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012

stackerman4690, did you mean that LG LM9600 is one of the best "high-end" TVs in the market?