Picture sd card will not open on my computer

Happygma

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
Hello,
I've never had this problem before, but when I insert the sd card from my camera into the computer nothing happens. It doesn't even give me an option to open. Please help

richie02

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
You could have a physical problem with the card. This recently happened to me, the card stopped working on vacation. I couldn't use any software to recover my photos as the card wasn't being recognized by any card reader. Eventually I found out that it was a physical problem with the controller inside the card. The only way to solve the issue is to access the memory chip inside the card manually. I managed to recover my photos using the following company: http://card-recovery.biz/us/service.php

They explain the process and the rates are reasonable in comparison to some of the very big data recovery companies....

cltoby600

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012

I have a similar problem. My card does show up in MY COMPUTER but does not open on its own. I put a cd with photos on it in the drive and they did not open either. I could open them through MY COMPUTER but its a pain to get them moved over to MY PICTURES. Is that just a setting problem?