Ipod touch vs laptop vs netbook

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
That's a really vague question. I hope you aren't trying to troll.

What do you want the various platforms for?
What kind of budget do you have?
What kind of battery life are you wanting?
What would you look at using the platform for?

Right now it's a shot in the dark.
You may want a 3g netbook because you are often on the road for business and need long battery life or prefer something lightweight and don't do anything major with it.

I really don't see how you can compare the iPod touch to the other two.
In my mind MP3 player vs Netbook/Notebook/PC the later will always win.

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
As far as netbooks goes, I have a bias towards ASUS (as I've had excellent experiences with their customer service for Motherboards and Notebooks).

I like the Asus EeePC 1005HA although the Acer Aspire One D250 is also good, but I have some reservations with Acer's build quality in the past.

I'm not sure your price range, so I picked less than $350 USD. Having a price range might also change your needs from a netbook to a high end notebook.

What sort of software do you use from your netbook (MS Dynamics, SAP, Office Software, etc.)

Also have you considered getting a 3G card or would you prefer a laptop with built in 3G?

The netbooks I selected both have over 9 hours of battery life (although that's a liberal estimate, I think it would still be plenty for long road trips).

kodonli

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013
Onda V811 8inch tablet pc IPS screen Amlogic Cortex A9 Dual Core 1.5Ghz capacitive touch screen 5 points Android 4.0 ROM 16GB HDMI

Operating system: Android4.0
●Nominal frequency: 1.5GHz
●Storage capacity: 16GB
●Screen Size: 8 inches
●Screen material: IPS screen
●Touch screen: capacitive touch screen (5 points)
●3D graphics acceleration: Mali 400
●System Memory: 1GB DDR
●Memory card: support MicroSD (TF) card, up to 32GB
●Life time: 200 hours
●Screen resolution: 1024 × 768
●Product weight: 432g