Solved! Erecovery in acer aspire one gone with upgrade from XP to windows 7

zarofaze

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Hi everybody,

I have an Acer One ZG5 and yesterday i decided to upgrade from win XP to 7. As this computer doesn't have any optical drive for restoring the system, i had a eRecovery icon on the desktop with XP.
But... as soon as Win 7 was installed, the eRecovery icon was not on the desktop anymore and... i have no idea where to find it. I have had a look at all the programme files but nothing seems to be what i'm looking for. My question is, if i want to go back to XP with the factory settings, what are my options?
It's not that i don't like 7, it's more in case of big bug or slow down sometimes i just retore the system and everything is like brand new.
I tried the alt + F10 but it doesn't react, in the bios the recovery is enabled though...

Thanks for your answers.

Sara

Solution
You cannot do an in-place upgrade from XP to 7; it requires you to do a full format. Any of the data you had on your machine when you had XP on it is now lost unless you saved it externally or on a partition that you did not format.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/help/upgrading-from-windows-xp-to-windows-7

That being said, your recovery application has probably been deleted if it was on your desktop and in your program files before. The only way to re-install XP now would be from an OEM image formatted to be installed from a USB flash drive.

frozenlead

Distinguished
You cannot do an in-place upgrade from XP to 7; it requires you to do a full format. Any of the data you had on your machine when you had XP on it is now lost unless you saved it externally or on a partition that you did not format.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/help/upgrading-from-windows-xp-to-windows-7

That being said, your recovery application has probably been deleted if it was on your desktop and in your program files before. The only way to re-install XP now would be from an OEM image formatted to be installed from a USB flash drive.

Solution

Snuffy

Distinguished
May 4, 2010
Strange, :non: I have an Acer A0751h - came with Vista home basic.... I formatted C:\ then Clean installed Windows 7.
The hidden partition is still there, it is still functional - if I select it. It can be found under My Computer\manage\Disk Magement. It is hidden. The original Restore partition on all my Acer AOA 110s - AOA150s are all intact, and I have Clean installed Windows 7 on every one.