fgeorge638

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Do any companies like Hauppage make video cards that will give me all the basic channels from Comcast without the use of a DTA box?

Solution
Well as I said in my original response, the DTA box just converts the digital signal to an analog signal. Since the HVT-1600 has both ATSC (digital) and NTSC (analog) tuners, the DTA box shouldn't be required.

-Wolf sends
Comcast scrambles many of their higher subscription level channels. As the reviewer points out if you have a higher-end subscription (more than just basic), you need a cable card ready TV Tuner. Since you stated in your original post you have just basic channels, the any ClearQAM tuner will work for you without the DTA box.

-Wolf sends

Ok. I'm a bit confused. According to the specifications of the HP Media Center m7470:

1) It already has a TV Tuner installed.
2) Should have three PCI slots (one available).

The Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 is a PCI card and should install into one of the three PCI slots your computer has.

-Wolf sends

fgeorge638

Honorable
May 21, 2012

The PCI slots not the problem. It's the ( I believe) the white 10 or 12-pin connector that it has on the card. The one from HP that came off the old card is shorter with less pins.

Ahh... I think I see what you're referring to. It's the white connector at the top of the PCB towards the rear of the card. I'm not sure what that connector is for (front IR receiver maybe?). Brief glance at the documentation for the HVR-1600 didn't mention it at all.

-Wolf sends