Flickering lcd monitor repair

dkayej

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Hello,I have a Compaq Presario F560US - the LCD monitor went blank/black or flickers every so often. It works perfectly with a external monitor. My research so far have led me to replacing the inverter and LCD screen/w new backlight. But this didnot fix the problem. Don't know what else to try. Any fresh ideas... please share...would be appreciated greatly.

frozenlead

Distinguished
A good output on an external screen generally indicates a good GPU.

Depending on what you mean by flicker, this could be a driver issue. Does the problem persist in BIOS/Safe Mode?

Does the flickering stop when you apply pressure to the back of the screen in any locations or around the LCD bezel?

dkayej

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Agree with comment on good o/p on external screen = indicates good GPU.

Flicker = the screen comes and goes until it's blanked out or black. It stays black most of the time.

I've tried pressure around the screen and bezel points to no avail. After replacing LCD and inverter -- also tried wiggling the connecting wiring. Was thinking a shortage existed some place in the wiring. This also didnot make a difference. All cables are connected properly - that is from the screen(LCD) point. I have not looked or checked from the system(where all the components is housed) point.

Thanks for your your feedback.

tushiwarashi_18

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
i also have the same problem... flickering with lines occuring in startup and bios... tried wiggling the wires to see if it reacts... but nothing happens still the same... also tried replacing the lcd and still the same... but it if i connect it to external display it works fine... darn it... :( anyhow... am about to reheat the gpu with a heatgun and see if it works...

JMiller___

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
I have a similar problem but it usually can be temporarily stopped using pressure on the corners of the bezel and it works fine with an external monitor? does the fact that I can occasionally deter the problem by putting pressure on a corner of the bezel mean anything?

tushiwarashi_18

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

ohh darn its been a year... yeah... i did the same thing before that whenever i put pressure it works but when u let out that pressure it freezes and will not work again... anyways i tired reheating the GPU and works like a charm... :)