Frozen mouse cursor, but working invisible mouse in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stranamechty

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
Hello,
I been having a problem with random games, such as supreme commander 1, and 2 demo, ruse beta, and a few others, what happens is the game runs perfect but no matter the video settings the mouse cursor is froze in the lower left middle area, but when i move the mouse i can still select options but the mouse is invisible, but the cursor is still froze on the side. Very annoying. Any thoughts? and ive tried dells recommended drivers and the most recent nvidia ones.
I Have a xps 1730 laptop, windows 7 64bit homepremium, 2.4ghzcore2duo, 4 gigs of ram, dual geforce 9700m GTX.

Stranamechty

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
Its not the hardware, because I can still select menu options, but the cursor is visible but frozen, but the hardware works but the cursor is invisible, i have to move the mouse around till the menu option is highlighted, takes a while to guess where it is.

G

FOUND THE PROBLEM, saw this thread earlier, my problem was the TEXT FONT WAS AT 150%, CHANGE IT BACK TO DEFAULT in display properties.

bnot

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007
FOUND THE PROBLEM, saw this thread earlier, my problem was the TEXT FONT WAS AT 150%, CHANGE IT BACK TO DEFAULT in display properties.

Thanks, this helped me, too. I had the problem with SimCity Societies.

Curious is that it works on both 100% and 125%, but not on 150%. So I tried to set it to 149% and it worked, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.