Sound no picture on 50 inch samsung plasma ps51d450a2m

alissa_69

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
There is sound and no picture on plasma tv, remote works at times but have to turn off at wall but still no picture. what has happened?

jcoultas98

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
WIthout more information, such as source, and connected equipment, it's difficult to troubleshoot, but you can start with the basics.

1. For the TV itself.
a. make sure all connection cables are secured on your source components, as well as the back of the TV. Make sure no cables have been cut, or severly damaged (run over with a vacuum, or the like).
b. When a plasma tv is powered on, you may be able to see some tiny red green and blue colored dots in the screen if you take a closer look at the panel(with your face a few inches from the screen). If you do see activity, your screen is probably powered, and you might have an input issue. If it is completely black, with no color, or movement whatever, the panel probably is not getting power.
c. The last option for your TV could be a picture off mode for listening to music. My pioneer elilte has this mode, and it is pretty easy to completely turn the picture off. You should consult your manual for this.
d. Edit. Try changing the input on your set, It's possible you only have the issue with a single source.

2. For the remote, if you have supplied fresh batteries, you can easily test any infared remote by pointing it at the lens of a digital camera, or camcorder with an LCD screen. If the remote is operational, you will see a white flash in the LCD when you press a button.

Aside from the basics, you should consider contacting your local repair shop.

Alisha Watts

Estimable
Jul 1, 2015
Hey I know this is a very old post but I'm curious if you ever figured out the problem bc I'm having the same issue. I have sound but no pic at all on all the inputs. I think it's the power supply board but I'm not sure. Please let me know if you get this!!Thanks :)

Disclarkjd13

Commendable
May 30, 2016

I have the tiny red and blue dots. Any info on this?