Behringer ddx3216 Internal Flash memory not saving scenes when desk is switched

Bethory1

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
Hello,
My Behringer ddx3216 Internal Flash memory not saving scenes when desk is switched off!

Would I be able to get a PC card tht will replace the internal flash memory?

Any ideas most welcome!

Thank you in advance,
Beth

G

Hey Beth,

have you got any solution with this fault ?
My desk does the same trash, and i have no idea what´s wrong with it.

regards
Jens

fast-rentner

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Soundguru,

thanks for your response, but where should there be a battery inside ?
Have you got any further infos about this battery ?
I completely dismanteled the unit, to take a look to the memory and the powersupply, but there is no battery inside.
The memory used is a flash e-prom (4pcs type Am29F040B). That memory doesn´t need a backup battery as far as I learned.

All connectors had been glued, so a bad cable connection can´t be the problem.

In the mean time I did some further tests.
- DDX saves new or edited snapshots in RAM. You´re able to work with it, and switch between them; as long as the DDX has power. After a powercycle, everything new and edited is gone.

- the snapshots (and other files) can be stored within the pc-software, and even reloaded, but anyway, after a powercycle you´re back to where you started.

Normally, DDX is initializing the faders during startup; mine doesn´t. (It did once, after I reassemled it after my inspection)
This could be a hint to some powersupply trouble, I´d think.

I read some things in another forum of faulty condensers withing the powersupply. These condensors caused a lock during startup. My DDX doesn´t really have this behavior, but sometimes startup lasts very long for a DDX (seconds, not minutes).
This other posting wrote about blown up condensers; mine look fine, but I think, I´ll change them anyway (1000uF, 25V, about 30 pcs, panasonic FC type prefered as I read)

Another posting in any forum tells of bad quality IC-sockets. The author exchanged the standard low quality sockets against high end types, and tells of a reliable console for years. Could be an opinion.

There are several servicecenters, which might be able to repair this stuff, but this console is about 10 years old, and worth something arround 300€ (working). Any repair will be 200€ up. Even if I love this thing, and there´s no real alternative (price vs. functionality); I don´t want to spend this amount of money. And I´m not shure, they still have spare parts, and even if they have; these parts must be well deposited

So, if the manufacturer doesn´t really support techs during repair, techs should support each other, using the web.

Jens

Maybe the DDX is growing old, and is sick of the alzheimer´s desease ... :pt1cable:

G

HI Jens,

J'm using DDX3216x from years, and one has just the same problem since yesterday.
Did you find a solution on your side ?

Thanks in advance.
John.

G

HI John,

I changed the mainboard to get it back to workm but in fact, I think major failure has been an error within the data file.

I saved the hole set via RS232 to pc, and tried to restore the set to the neew board. This also didn´t work. So i had to start up with a complete new data set.
I haven´t got time to reinstall the board to check it, but I would expect it to work.

So maybe you should try to erase all data, and startup with a factory default.

Good luck, and let´s hear about the result.
Jens

HI Jens,

J'm using DDX3216x from years, and one has just the same problem since yesterday.
Did you find a solution on your side ?

Thanks in advance.
John.