Connecting 3.5mm to RCA - no sound

xport7

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
I have a Emerson lc320em2 - I connected my computer to the tv via DVI to HDMI cable. I do not have SPDIF to DVI (never knew what it was before I started this...) - I bought as well, a 3.5mm to RCA cable to attempt to get the sound from my computer to my tv - (we're ditching dish/direct and going with netflix, etc. to watch tv) - I've tried settings on my tv, I tried two different sound cards on my pc, I've tried different "sources" on my tv (TV, HDMI1, HDMI2, Video, and PC) and I've even tried plugging my phone in just to see if it was a computer setting that it was having issues with. I havent another device to test the cable on and I'm only hoping that the cable actually works (purchased via amazon). My computers video card is ATI Radeon X1650 and my sound cards are 1) realtek onboard and 2) creative soundblaster live - I am lost, please help.

(wasnt sure where to post so I posted here and CPU > Sound Cards forums)

leopaljiaoyuanok

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
I posted the same on Y! Answers, found out that I had to plug the DVI to HDMI to HDMI1 not HDMI2 - Simple fix that I hadn't tried...

You did say that you tried all the inputs, but HDMI1 or 2 should not matter, it's whatever you have the audio in that matters. If your HDMI1 has an audio connection to go with it, it will work.