Solved! Cant detect my cd rom drive on hp laptop

ernest8fingers

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2010
I have an HP Pavillion 6809wm laptop. I installed a free CD DVD burner software. After this install I can no longer detect my CD rom/DVD rom drive-ANYWHERE! Not even in Bios. I re-flashed Bios and still no drive. I checked the registry and I dont have any lines that say Upper or lower limit. Can anyone help? Perfectly good except for this flaw.

Solution
I don’t think that installing the software was the cause of the disappearing CD drive if the drive cannot be seen in the BIOS. It is quite common for a CD drive to disappear in a laptop due to a poor connection of the CD drive to its connector. Try removing the CD drive by undoing the single screw and then refit. If it still doesn’t work then try another CD drive.

pjmelect

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
I don’t think that installing the software was the cause of the disappearing CD drive if the drive cannot be seen in the BIOS. It is quite common for a CD drive to disappear in a laptop due to a poor connection of the CD drive to its connector. Try removing the CD drive by undoing the single screw and then refit. If it still doesn’t work then try another CD drive.

Solution