How to make Bass Booster sound in 2.1 PC speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abar92

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
Hello,
This is my first post in Home Audio forum,I want your help......so..I have a 2.1 'Creative SBS A300 ' speakers.As my one speaker is woofer so I want the Bass Booster sound,My Bro has also brought the exactly same product but his sound xp is better than me,I go to his home and find beautiful bass booster sound even with a 128 kbps mp3.But I can't find the same in my speakers,it has bass but not great like my bro.He suggest me to change the location of the Speakers,I have done it and really get much better bass but not cool as my bro's.I have done so many changes in my sound driver(VIA HD Audio Deck v6.0.1.7400 latest for win xp) settings,I use free version of Winamp for Audio and get best sound after changing equalizer settings but don't get what should I get with my Creative speakers.

1)So do you think I need any software to get what I want?what is the software???there is a lot of sofwares but their reviews are not so good.

2)Now my woofer is under the PC table and mini speakers are in two sides of my monitor.Getting best bass sound.Tell me the locations you think which can make better sound?

3)Can VIA HD Audio Driver settings can fix the issue?Then see my settings and if something wrong tell me the new settings.

sff.jpg

Solution
G

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008

1) I would get realtek high definition driver, its what I use and it has a decent Equalizer which is all you need for proper bass.

2)If you want maximum bass, place your subwoofer in a corner of a room

3)Its all about settings, though too much bass can cause distortion and the sound will suck, so don't over do it.

Solution

abar92

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011

A big thanks for your valuable reply..

1)Will my ASUS P5KPL-AM mobo support Realtek HD Audio Driver?

2)Are you telling to place the woofer in a corner of my backside?Or is it in front of me?

3)Yes I also dislike too much bass,it is really bad to hear...

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008

1) http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

^Thats the link I get mine from, it works pretty well. I think your mobo will support it

2)Bass is low frequency and is omnidirectional, you can place the subwoofer in any corner you want, it will sound the same

3)I love a lot of bass, the type of bass that every punch of it rattles your teeth and vibrates your rib cage, however to get bass like that without distortion, requires good equipment, which is why my audio system has 8 Subwoofers :)

tytycloutier

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012

I just hooked up my RCA RT2250 home theater surround sound system to it through 6 channel, as well as my computer has a 8 channel out put

David_497

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016
Comment: The human ear is not capable of determining the source of low frequency sounds. That's why you only need one woofer. The only consideration on placement of a woofer is keeping the woofer safe and not putting it where it will cause things around it to vibrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.