Which OLED TV is superior?

elvenkieth

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
As OLED TVs are just around the corner, I'm getting to look into them more than before. There will be two kinds, RGB OLED TV by Samsung and White OLED TV by LG. WOLED sounds superior to me because it has one more color pixel besides red, green and blue. Seems like the more colors of pixels a tv has, the better picture quality it should have. Am I right? Need in-depth info from tv experts.

msabercr

Honorable
Feb 15, 2012
I don't know, it hasn't come out yet. Look! Samsung is the leading supplier of lcd's in the world so you have to think they know what they are doing, everyone at CES said the LG looks amazing, even Sony has their own tiny spin on the tech that is but isn't the same technology just wait and see when they come out. You can't buy them yet anyways.

sokangcraft

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

LCD and OLED are two different animals and Samsung has had so many problems lately buying one is basically a gamble if it is going to work if it is a TV.

mspear22

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011

you can say that.. Woled tv has a wider color gamut due to the additional color pixel so the picture looks more detailed and natural. You can expect the same color without deterioration from any angle (up to 180).

mspear22

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011

Samsung is the leading LCD TV supplier but I don't know if they know what they're doing when it comes to OLED TVs. Samsung is using the same tech method on their TVs as they do with their mobile phones and tablet displays. It is called 'Small Mask Scanning'. Mass production might be cost efficient for small gadgets, but certainly not large panels for TVs. The failure rate of manufacturing oled tv by SMS is over 50%.

robert1tech

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012

It is not even close to 3% the Panels are no different to manufacturer (they would be losing millions an hour). They both are just a ton of oleds in stacking order. I will agree with you that SMS is bad though it really limits the size each pixel has to be turned on in order so the response rate reaches a maximum even making a 55" is a technical feat.

SMS is not good for any thing large and people are going to want larger screens and I don't think Samsung can provide that this year. You going to have to hold out for LGs Oled.

slrmichael

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012

I did a lot of research about OLED TVs coming up pretty soon this year until I found the most in-depth comparison between lg and samsung oled tv. It has the answers to all the questions we have and will have as we get to know oled tvs more. And the pictures in the post make it a lot easier for us to understand the difference. Here's the post.

http://www.gosugadget.com/2012/02/lg-vs-samsung-who-has-better-oled-tv.html

trepxe

Honorable
Feb 14, 2012

LOL. :D It seems like you have seen my post and now using my links. Its ok though, by all means.

slrmichael

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012

it IS over 50% and they are gonna lose millions an hour if they persist in manufacturing 55" oled tvs in the RGB way. That's why samsung announced that they started testing White OLED technology and considering adopting it. and yes, you're right. Unless samsung follows lg's white oled technology, there will be no way it can release the tvs this year.

robert1tech

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012

We agree on that.... I really don't think RGB Oled can come to market. It blue shift and many other problems White Oled is a better deal.

lake200

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
If it is just Samsung and Sony Electronics competing with LG Electronics on OLED TV technology then forget it because Samsung is facing serious lawsuit with its LCDs/Plasma power defects while Sony is planning to back down from OLED TV since the OLED technology is very expensive to them. Meaning that LG will be competing with Panasonic and or Apple which I believe is no match for LG.

robert1tech

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012

That sounds awesome I wish I had a bar in my house to watch the games (baseball and football) on but the TV and a bar is out of my finical reach.

Hope you can do it though because having an Oled bar is a dream!

trepxe

Honorable
Feb 14, 2012

A OLED TV at a bar? What are you charging premium for drinks? Even so you should definitely get a wall mount and away from crowded areas. You don't want a drunk person bumping in to that TV or touching for that matter. That TV is way too nice to have nacho cheesy fingers touching it.

tedmathew90

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
This year is garnished with lots of great events ranging from the almighty OLED TV release by TV industries and the wonderful soccer championship coming up soon. With this in mine, many soccer fans look forward to have the best entertainment from OLED TV screen. Even though CES-2012 points at LG, I still expect more from Samsung, Sony, Panasonic and the rest to show case their TV products so that we can make better judgments.

lkacy

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
I plan to build a swimming pool just beside my villa and one of my plans is to mount an OLED TV sets either LG OLED or any other great OLED at the side. But one thing I wish to know is whether the LG OLED TV or whatever OLED it may be can be able to use the solar energy as the new source of energy since I’m eco-friendly?

robert1tech

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
Every one here is super crazy rich apparently.

Need this for my Villa lol.................

To anwser you question Solar power would be up to you to put panels to power the TV.

Oled TVs are much better for the environment to produce though and use way less power.

kellywilliams0448

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012

Apart from the beautiful picture qualities, nice contrast and the rest, one other remarkable feature that you can get from OLED TV is “energy efficiency”. I believe the technology of energy efficiency is just to tell you that OLED TV in itself is environmentally friendly. Also, I read that LG Electronics is making efforts to come out with real Eco TV sets and may be that will go operational after the mass production of their OLED TV. May be other tv industries are having a similar plan, but it’s left for us to find out.

tedmathew90

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
Yeah! OLED TV technology is absolutely great. I kind of like see it as a dream entertainment TV set specially design for the entire market segment. Gone are the days where TVs were bulky and heavy couple with poor contrast, and weak color.