How do I connect my 2.1 speaker unit to my tv as well as my blu ray pl

dhruv990

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
I'm about to get a new tv, the problem is that these new tvs these days don't have enough space to put in very good speakers(i've heard them, my old crt tv had better sound), so it's not gonna be enough for me to enjoy movies on. Also I don't have the money to invest in a home theatre system as they are as expensive as a tv here. So I was wondering if theres a way to connect a pair of 2.1 speakers(same company as TV, sony) to the tv(HDMI from set top box will be the source for the tv) as well as the blu ray player so that when I switch to tv, the sound comes from the speakers and without having to rewire anything the sound comes from the blu ray player output when I switch over to watching a movie.

Please any info will be greatly appreciated.

Connect your Bluray and set top box to the TV with HDMI. The TV will have an audio output (usually optical digital audio). Make sure the speakers have the correct input to connect to this. They will have to be self powered. Go into the TV menu and turn off the internal speakers and you can use the TV remote to do everything you want. You may also have to set the TV audio output to pcm rather than Dolby.

dhruv990

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010

Ok, thank you but can't I connect the speakers to the analog outputs at the back?