Panasonic SA-HT400/HT390 PROBLEMS

Bill Bell

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
Thanks for your reply. Maybe I should be more specific and tell you more. I did try the test mode before and the center speaker does work. I have some DVD'S of my own that play fine. God figure ?
This problem seems to have started in maybe the last 4 or 5 DVD'S that I rented and one that I just purchased. I took the one I purchased to a friends and it ran fine.
Any chance the DVD player may be causing this problem ? It's a Panasonic DVD-F85. The first page of the DVD manual tells about how it can run RAM , DVD-A, DVDV etc.

Simplest solution would be for your friend to bring his/her DVD player over and hook up to your sound system. If the center channel plays fine with the same DVD, then it's an issue with your DVD player. If the issue persists, then it's an issue with your sound system.

-Wolf sends

Bill Bell

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012

That's too easy. Why didn't I think of that !
I will do that and let you know what happens.
Thanks

Bill Bell

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012

Thanks for all the help Wolf. It was the sound system. It looks like the Digital/analog input select button/indicator may be the culprit. I'm going to take the unit somewhere and have a technician have a look. If that costs too much ( I'm retired ) I will break down and buy a new system.

Thanks again

Bill