How to repair LCD for toshiba satellite m100

jo_yohhh2008

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
I have toshiba laptop satellite m100 it seem the LCD having lines and the color is fading any body can give tips how to repair this? thanks in advance.

G

First check that the laptop works normally when connected to an external monitor.

If so, major disassembly and screen replacement. Not for the faint hearted and not cheap if done professionally.

jo_yohhh2008

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
First check that the laptop works normally when connected to an external monitor.

If so, major disassembly and screen replacement. Not for the faint hearted and not cheap if done professionally.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my laptop working normal using external monitor, so not posible to repair my LCD?

G

The fact that the external monitor works means that the video circuitry is working.

So the faults are possibly a) the connector between the video circuit and the screen (or) b) the screen or its components.

Either way you will have to dismantle the laptop, probably removing the top plate and the screen. This is usually quite difficult. You must then work out which parts need replacing and find the replacement parts.

This is best left to a professional repair guy -- and will cost quite a lot of money.