Laptop overcharging in a different country.

binomial

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
Hy all,

plz help in this regard, i'm a techy myself but cudn't get this one figured out yet, here it goes.

I've a notebook HP DV4 (1105em). I've moved recently from Pakistan to New Zealand for my post graduate studies, now in NZ my laptop is overcharging the battery. I've used this thingy for 8 months in PK and never saw the charging light constantly on after 100%, whereas it does remain ON in NZ. Well the battery is genuine (has a wear level of 19%, used everest to find that out), the charger is genuine aswell. And on the charger it's mentioned that 100-240V is supported. Dunno what's the problem here. But definitely there is something wrong.

PLZ help..........i dunt wanna buy a new charger or a battery as here they r way to expensive :(...........

Regards,
Umar

Solution
Check the current on your charger and try to find out the current of wall outlets in NZ.

Power = Voltage * Current -> If your current is higher (and the voltage is the same), then you'll get more power than you need.

binomial

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
well that won't matter because.......I've tested it in Uni library,computer labs, cafes (overcharging there aswell).......i've tested it at home (still overcharging).........don't know whats going on..........

lotri

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Check the current on your charger and try to find out the current of wall outlets in NZ.

Power = Voltage * Current -> If your current is higher (and the voltage is the same), then you'll get more power than you need.

Solution