Fatal1ty Gaming Headset audio problem?

darklord213

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
Im using a Creative Labs Fatal1ty gaming headset that isn't working anymore.
Its not the USB kind, and heres a link to what it is/looks like.
http://us.store.creative.com/Fatal1ty-Gaming-Headset/M/B000RI397G.htm

So let me just go through exactly what Ive done, and what is happening.

I bought it in December of 2010. (Its still under warranty)
I was using it constantly day after day, for gaming, because its so ******* awesome.
Then, all of the sudden one day, it decides to stop working.

The microphone on it works perfectly fine. It works good.
Though when i put on the headset, no volume comes out.
So i check my computers sound system, and i play a music video on youtube, make sure all the volume panels are up on my headphone and youtube and sound system on my computer control panel.
The sound control panel says its receiving sound, but it doesnt come out of the headset. So..
I checked my sound drivers. I have the current latest drivers for High Definition Realtek Audio.

Hmm. still didnt work. I plugged it into my iPhone 4 because it used to work for my music. No luck there.

I plugged it into my brothers computer. No luck there either.
So.. ive given up. Its still under warranty, ill replace it if no one else has any idea whats going on but for now im going to try to see if i can fix it or not before getting a replacement.

So yeah, the microphone attached to it works perfectly, but the sound on the headphones not working :(.. So just to make sure, i used my speakers. My speakers work perfectly fine with my computer. Any suggestions?

Thank you guys so much in advance i appreciate it.

(Might be an hardware problem, i mean i have dropped it like a couple time from like 2 feet. But thats it)

did you try a regular non USB headphone plugged into the green jack?
did you try powered speakers plugged into the green jack, or the analog headphone jack?
Did you try the controls on the mixer?

Double click the speaker icon in the lower right hand of the desktop, this will bring up the mixer, or single click to bring up the volume control.
But in case the volume is missing, corrupted, or the audio is otherwise non-functional:
you check whichever audio was installed:
click start, control panel, add remove programs, look at the list...
which audio software is shown on the list? delete it, restart the computer.

now visit the motherboard manufacturer or computer manufacturer's website
look up your computer drivers by model number
download the latest audio drivers, save on the desktop...
turn the antivirus off,
if you have multiple security programs installed, turn them all off
(your driver may not install if security systems are turned on)
now load your new audio driver, restart, turn the antivirus back on.
Let the forum know if that solves the problem. SGM

MEgamer

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
if the mic works standalone, but it doesnt work when u put it on the headset... first check that mic is set to ON on the headset... if it is and yet it still does not work then the headset it simply broke.