Glasses-free 3D TV from Toshiba??

mack_arthr

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
Toshiba is going to launch 55 inch Glasses-free 3D TV very soon. I wanna know if its 3D depth is as good as current 3D TVs.

browndve

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
The 3d picture quality can't be as good as the 3D TVs in the market right now. Aren't 3D glasses are the ones that make the magic happen? And the price of glasses-free one must be hella expensive.

ryantlrr

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
Let me explain how a glasses-free 3d tv works. There's a lenticular sheet in the panel which tracks the people watching it so that it can send different 3D images to each viewer according to the location where he is sitting. It limits the number of viewers up to 9 and the detective system can be lagged. Not sure its 3D picture quality is no better than existing 3D techs like passive and active 3D but feels like there are things Toshiba had to give up to be the first brand introducing new 3d tv in the us market. For now, i wanna stick to my passive 3d tv.

mspear22

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011

You're damn right…. It was told to be $10,000 when it was released in Japan last year. It won't be cheaper than that. I would rather buy an OLED 3D TV for the money. LG 3D TV's more stable 3D picture quality and OLED's more precise 2D picture quality sounds much intriguing.