Dell Inspiron 1564 Webcam not working

drat

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
Hi folks,

Bought a Dell Inspiron 1564, I3. i cant get the integerated webcam to work, this laptop came with free dos version so i am guessing they usually dont ship driver cd's or dvd. Anyways was able to download most drivers that i could identify, havent actually gotten a webcam driver from dell official website as well. can someone help me identify which driver i should be looking for or where i should be looking at.

Note: This is my first laptop ever i was a desktop guy before this.

lotri

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
You should be able to contact Dell and ask for some CDs.

Or, you can go into your Device Manager (right-click on "My Computer" > Properties > Hardware Tab). Find out which model of the integrated webcam you have and go here.

drat

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
lol, thanks lotri i have been tried it before i asked for help on the forum... the freaking thing only says integerated webcam and thats all. i will keep on searching and if i find anything will post for others to follow :)

lotri

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Well, I found a bunch of "Integrated Webcam" drivers on the Dell Drivers & Download site. I don't know which one is the right one for your computer though.

Look through each link and check the Compatibility until you find something that resembles an Inspiron 15XX and try it. Do be careful though.

Link!

micksmith1968

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011

hi there.alot of people are having problem with 1564 webcam, the problem is with the bluetooth conflict.disable blurtooth adapter in task bar and try web cam,it will now work
hope this helped

kamran_75

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011

Dear Support
i dont hav any bluetooth drivers instaled. prob still there.

regards

Subhan91

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011

gary1210

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

The file you're looking for is Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam SW RC1.1_R230103.EXE Use Internet Explorer to Google R230103.EXE Click on the one that reads Dell Webcam Central-Drivers and Downloads Dell [United States] You'll have to install the Download Manager. Then you can download the file.

mehrdadx

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
hello I've found a solution for 1564 dell webcam problem, in the past i faced this problem but i read a forum and finally i could solve it with uninstall webcam center from x64 program file into just program file.
but after a while i couldn't use it anymore until today .
today i install webcenter in program file not x64 program file.
after that, i plug another externall webcam and install it acutally it was an A4 tech webcam and then i use skype and from tools/option/video setting/ i could use my laptop webcam and unplug that cam forever.
but there is a little bad fortune in this solution. everytime u should check the skype setting for webcam usage.
dudes sorry about my English im from Iran.
p.s: this is my email address if anybody has problem mehrdadx@gmail.com
good luck

TRENDING THREADS