Logitech z-5500 makes white noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

zniff

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
i noticed this constant white noise from the speakers, and i tried turning the volume up and down to see if it disapeared or got lower.
but it didnt change at all. tried to mute via the pc nothing changed at all. i muted the speakers itself and it disappeared. i pulled the cables out of the pc nothing changed

im using a xonar d2x 7.1 channel pci-e if it helps knowing that

Solution
It is normal.

The Z-5500 should have a constant low hiss that should generally not be audible unless you are about 1' away from it. It should be there whether or not the speakers are connected and should not change even if you increase the volume. Generally it should blend into the background noise. However, if your apartment/house is extremely quiet, then it would be more noticeable.

It is the same in my Z-5xx whatever series Logitech speakers that I've had since 2005. There's nothing you can do about it.
It is normal.

The Z-5500 should have a constant low hiss that should generally not be audible unless you are about 1' away from it. It should be there whether or not the speakers are connected and should not change even if you increase the volume. Generally it should blend into the background noise. However, if your apartment/house is extremely quiet, then it would be more noticeable.

It is the same in my Z-5xx whatever series Logitech speakers that I've had since 2005. There's nothing you can do about it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.