Cable for gigabyte ex58 rear speaker(s) out jack (black)

SugarHooves

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
Hi,

I'm lost. Seems simple but I must be making it complicated or just not understanding something.

I have the Gigabtye EX58-UD2R board.

For speakers, I currently have Logitech 2.1 Z3000.

I now have two extra Logiech speakers with RCA cables.

The GA EX58 Read Speaker Out Jack (Black) is also RCA and the manual writes to, "Use this audio jack to connect rear speakers in a 4/5.1/7.1-channel audio configuration. Page 20-21 of my manual.

I find enough cables that have an RCA male plug end that splits out to two female plugs. My confusion being is that it is pretty evenly divided whether the two split out female ends have separate coloring, ie.: white and black and/or red and white such as:

http://www.bing.com/shopping/monster-cable-standard-thx-ai-ym-audio-splitter/p/D84258C7F16CD648E44E?q=rca+male+split+two+rca+female+gold&FORM=ENCA12

or, http://compare.ebay.com/like/120701970632?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&rvr_id=221273315307&crlp=1_263602_309572&UA=%3F*I7&GUID=ca9048d912e0a0e1e577c7f7ffff9738&itemid=120701970632&ff4=263602_309572

but, then another such category of cables have the same mechanical setup, i.e.: single RCA male to two split off RCA female plugs and appear to be designed for splitting a single signal into two parts for sending out, losing the ability to split off a left and right channel.

I believe by writing this out that the two examples with the URLinks above are what I need but, are they? Is there a differetype of RCA male split cable that is designed, created for the GA EX-58 rear speaker out jack (black) that goes out to two 4/5.1 read surround speakers that I am not finding or .... ??

Help. Please advise.

John

and, then, some such RCA male

Solution
I had the same problem with this board. I plugged into the green jack (center bottom or right depending how you look at it). The realtek audio manager pops and asks for the device plugged in. I selected rear speaker thinking it meant the speaker jack on the back of the case. But I think it means the speaker behind you in surround sound 7.1 not which jack. Then I unplugged it and plugged it back in and chose front speaker and it worked. If you select rear speaker and surround sound 7.1 it works too, when the sound test gets to the rear speakers.

rdecker

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
I had the same problem with this board. I plugged into the green jack (center bottom or right depending how you look at it). The realtek audio manager pops and asks for the device plugged in. I selected rear speaker thinking it meant the speaker jack on the back of the case. But I think it means the speaker behind you in surround sound 7.1 not which jack. Then I unplugged it and plugged it back in and chose front speaker and it worked. If you select rear speaker and surround sound 7.1 it works too, when the sound test gets to the rear speakers.

Solution