Sansui g-6000 weak left output

sanoflyer

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
hello i have a sansui g-6000 right channel is strong and power meter is working. left channel is weak you have to turn it up to hear it.It sounds like the audio muting is on but only on left side the power meter is not moving. I have a working g-6000 so i switched the outputs under the heat sink still low output on the left side.

sanoflyer

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011

hello soundguruman how do i test the relay? also the green protection light comes on as soon as you power it up as with my other G models the green light comes on with the relay click. I hooked up one speaker to the left side and when you turn the bal. to the right speaker the sound is lower but doesnt go quiet, like it is bleeding a weak signal to the right side.thank you for your help mike (sanoflyer)

sanoflyer

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011

soundguruman
I checked and cleaned the contacts on the relay,It's working good.I pulled the audio board,there are signs of overheating on the back side of the board under the nec transistor on the left side.I will research where i can find new ones.these are the outputs, I will replace the inputs 0n the power board as well. thanks for the help i will report back after i replace them (sanoflyer)