enddylopez

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

Biggest problem will be the PRICE I guess. I remember some article saying OLED TV has a short lifetime. I'm not sure about that for now…you know..technology improves real fast..

markalex7400

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012

LG OLED TV basically has no problem, except may be the screen size. However, if you go to the site; www.lgblog.co.uk, you will definitely get a clear answer about the screen size. Another problem may be the price, but one of LG's code of conduct is that they are charging a fair price to all their products. talking about the magic remote control, it's really simple. why don't you visit the site; http://newtech-modern.blogspot.com/ and check out some of the articles on their products.

baydavid72

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
I saw this video http://www.oled-display.net/lg-electronics-55-inch-oled-tv-best-pictures-and-videos/
and I'm seriouly thinking getting one. But if it's really 4mm thick..isn't it breakable??
What if it break right after I buy this tv…?

sokangcraft

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

Well you would contact the after service center. LOL!

The Oled is actually printed on if your talking about LG on a very good substrate. It's not likley to break in any case no more so than any other TV and probably less so from a fall. If you treat it like every other TV you have ever had it will be fine. Just happen to look a lot sexier!

cane_kelly

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012

Little surprised here. Didn’t know people who are actually going to spend around $10000 for TV worry about that kinda stuff. I would say ' You can buy one more:).' I for one am saving up for one.

nimzy8849

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012

I don't think you should worry about that. People who made those OLED TVs are not stupid. Even I know OLED is more flexible and durable than other displays. So I mean OLED TVs will be less breakable than yours.

TheRawkstar

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Found these quotes here -> http://www.usatoday.com/tech/products/story/2012-01-16/future-of-TVs/52584064/1

The biggest selling points for OLED displays are their faster response times, ultrarealistic color saturation and ability to reproduce brighter whites and darker blacks. OLED's superiority over current displays helps "virtually eliminate motion blur even in the fastest-moving scenes … for a picture that is jaw-dropping in detail and lifelikeness," says Samsung's Dave Das.

Samsung and LG plan to have the 55-inch OLED sets in stores during the second half of 2012. Neither would discuss price, but they expected them to cost at least $800 to $1,000 more than top-of-the-line 55-inch models. "It will come at a premium over standard LCD or LED," says Tim Alessi of LG Electronics. But "Even the average, non-critical viewer can easily tell there is something different about this TV."

Seems to have most if not all of what you need

kimkate59

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012

Anything is breakable..lol
If you are going to spend taht much money on OLED TV, I think you should take extra precaution in handling it.

nate_kan

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012

It's true OLED TVs are really thin and light.
So I understand you might think it's breakable, but I read an article and it says OLED is more flexible than any others.
It means less breakable. I can give you the link so you could read it through.
http://www.oled-display.net/flexible-oled/

sokangcraft

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

Only one posting helpful messages. Should be about right LG expects theirs for 2012 Q3 and I have to admit it looks great, the Samsung model really did not look production ready so maybe mid to late 2013 before it hits store shelves. If your actually in the market for one these drop dead knockouts its going to be LGs.

imabe

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
The oled tv has no problems. It has terrific displays of color, contrast, screen display, and has 3d capability of switching from 2d into 3d as well as viewing it from the 84" OLED TV

elvenkieth

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012

Correction! :non:
It's 55" not 84". You must have mixed up LG's 84" Ultra definition TV with 55" OLED TV. I don't doubt they will make bigger OLED TVs someday tho.. could be bigger than 84".

mickfley

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012

OLED TV is not gonna be $10,000.. Not sure about Samsung but LG's is definitely gonna be lower than that, maybe around $8,000. What i heard is that they are able to reduce cost by employing white oled tech and using some of the existing lines of LCD TV plants.

vgoladlo

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
Its really surprising how people are talking about the price being too expensive. That is not how I see it. I'm sure automobiles, downpayments on houses are more ideal for OLED TV money however these TVs are just so darn nice, they might crossover, successfully into the 5k-10k price range standard. Has anyone actually seen the LG OLED TV in person? I have and believe me, watching them in person is just incomparable to watching the videos of them, since you're still watching them through an LCD display most likely. I was lucky enough to be in vegas during the 9th of Jan and got a chance to see this wonder and it will be worth every penny it is priced at. I would gladly pay 10k for this TV. It will definitely change the TV game permanently. I havent got a chance to see the Samsung OLED, as it was released on the 11th of Jan I believe. But I have seen some vids on it and it looks great too. Watching videos only, I'd still give the edge to the LG OLED, IMO. In person, i'm sure the results wouldn't change.

Here are some vids I tried to find that showed the LG OLED, as close as possible to watching it live:

1# http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrbgp1QvTrU
2# http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fal65FHolU8&feature=related

alexlanmdon

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012

What’s up guys!! I just saw this LG OLED TV and it looks great. Many say it is possible to watch 3D movies on LG OLED TV. Is that right?

kellywilliams0448

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012

Ok. The LG OLED TV being over $10k is ridiculous. That’s a lame rumor. I see it being priced at 7k at the HIGHEST. Btw, yes, OLED TV will have 3D available, to answer your question.

sokangcraft

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

I think your right 6k-8k 6k for the standard model 8k for the one with everything 6k is not much different than the top of the line TVs for 5k now.

alexlanmdon

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012

Thank you very much. I really appreciate. Please can you also help me with this? Actually I got this from YouTube saying LG OLED pixels are self-lighted organic parts, but I don't get it, does the organic mean its edible?