Solved! Want to connect new Dell (best buy blue label) to my old Dell Monitor, no output

Tsunami317

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Hello,
I bought a newblue label Dell laptop from bestbuy, but the only outputs I have are HDMI, eSATA, USB, and a small one I can't identify that looks sort of like MiniDMI but it has a little D image above it... And I want to connect by extra Monitor to the computer but I have nowhere to plug it in to this computer, whereas my old one had a VGA plug. The monitor is a pretty recent Dell. Any help would be greatly appreciated, is there a way to plug the monitor into my HDMI output in the computer somehow? Thanks!

Tsunami317

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Hello,
I bought a newblue label Dell laptop from bestbuy, but the only outputs I have are HDMI, eSATA, USB, and a small one I can't identify that looks sort of like MiniDMI but it has a little D image above it... And I want to connect by extra Monitor to the computer but I have nowhere to plug it in to this computer, whereas my old one had a VGA plug. The monitor is a pretty recent Dell. Any help would be greatly appreciated, is there a way to plug the monitor into my HDMI output in the computer somehow? Thanks!