Change intel su4100 cpu

G

Any one know if i can change this cpu to another one ??
I dont like the preformance in the su4100..

MDM5280

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2007
Well, you have an ultra-low voltage processor, so your upgrade path is somewhat limited. The best processor you could upgrade to is a Core 2 Duo SU9600, but the problem with this is I think is may only be given out to OEMs, such as Dell or HP because I can't seem to find any online. Also, the $300 cost and the performance difference between the one you already have and the SU9600 would be almost indifferent. Sorry to say, but the only way you're going to be able to get better performance it to buy another laptop. :(

G

hm, well any way to change the clock speed, with out any risk of burning the cpu ?

G

sry for double post, any one know the clockgenerator in setfsb for Inte su4100 ??

MDM5280

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2007
Well, overclocking a laptop in the first place is dangerous (I feel), cause they usually have poor ventilation and get hot just by doing simple task. But, if your laptop runs cool enough (which low powered laptops usually do), you could overclock it if you wanted. Only problem is, the performance you would gain would be almost unnoticeable, which isn't really worth it IMO. If you do chose to overclock, there a bunch of helpful guides on the internet that will help you out. ;)