Solved! G73h-A1 case is metal or plastic?

Solution
Looking at this image, that looks like plastic to me. Also, the thing weighs in at over 8 pounds, so I doubt they would cover the exterior in metal, which would just increase the weight. I could go rambling on about how if it was covered in metal, it might get hot enough to act like a stove top on your lap or the dents that could easily show up from the smallest of bumps. So I'm going to take an educated guess on this and say it's plastic. :)

MDM5280

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2007
Looking at this image, that looks like plastic to me. Also, the thing weighs in at over 8 pounds, so I doubt they would cover the exterior in metal, which would just increase the weight. I could go rambling on about how if it was covered in metal, it might get hot enough to act like a stove top on your lap or the dents that could easily show up from the smallest of bumps. So I'm going to take an educated guess on this and say it's plastic. :)

Solution

lamar keith

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010

Thanks. But is plastic better than metal for a gaming laptop, sry im a rookie. this will be my first gaming laptop if i decide to purchase it.

MDM5280

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2007

There are not metal laptops around that I know of, only ones I can think of are the MacBooks and MSI GT740. I must say now, before when you said metal, it threw me off, when I thought of metal, I thought heavy, but aluminum never came to mind, so it's not as much of a difference as I might have previously thought. It's really personal preference, metal probably won't have as many fingerprints as the plastic, the metal one might get hotter than plastic, metal might be lighter or heavier, and so on. That Asus looks really nice, I'd buy it if I had the money. Just make sure to look at all the reviews before you buy it, mainly how hot it gets, because even though they are are called laptops, these gaming laptops would fry your lap, no matter what brand you buy.

Anyway, good luck and your purchase and no worries, everyone was once a rookie. :D