Can i use a comcast cable box at another location

tfall

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
I live in germany and wanted to hook up a sling box at my moms house in PA. I sent her to comcast and she added a box to her service, which I will pay her for. My friend went to installit for me and discovered she has no internet service. (Never assume) My friend then offered to hook it up at his house. Is it possible to pay for the box through my moms account while it is located elsewhere.

Solution
Yes, all your paying for is the rental of the box, not the service going to it. The house is already piped with service. The money they charge you is equipment usage charges. He should be able to hook it up at his house no problem (pending he has comcast) because sometimes providers have only certain units that will work with their service, and you cannot use certain boxes from one provider on another providers lines... But if he is on comcast, it shouldnt be a problem!

SmurfOnABoat

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
Yes, all your paying for is the rental of the box, not the service going to it. The house is already piped with service. The money they charge you is equipment usage charges. He should be able to hook it up at his house no problem (pending he has comcast) because sometimes providers have only certain units that will work with their service, and you cannot use certain boxes from one provider on another providers lines... But if he is on comcast, it shouldnt be a problem!

Solution

tfall

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012

Worked fine, thanks for the reply!