Solved! How do i connect my computer to my olevia 32 lcd tv?

Gesuero1

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Hello,
I am trying to connect an Olevia Model 232-S13 32" LCD TV up as my monitor for my computer. I just had a 42" TV hooked up and worked fine. Why wont 32" Olevia recognize my computer? I am hooking it up with 15pin monitor cable. Please help.

Solution
Hmm... Not sure what the issue is here.

Is there another monitor connected to the PC at the same time as the 32" HDTV? If so, did you remember to enable the secondary monitor (HDTV) in your PC's control panel?

When scrolling through the HDTV's inputs while the PC is connected to it via the VGA cable, do you see the VGA Input selected before it tells you, "No Signal"? I'm thinking the PC Input might be disabled, but I didn't see anything in my user's manual that would suggest that could happen.

What graphics card is currently installed in your PC?

-Wolf sends
If it's anything like my Olevia 232T, you'll have to find a resolution that works. Most often, when checking the various resolutions, I've received in "Invalid Format" message. I think I ended up going with 1080i at 30hz. I can check it when I get home from work.

-Wolf sends

Gesuero1

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011

I've tried every input on the TV and it just doesn't seem to be receiving or recognizing the signal. I've also tried hooking up via HDMI and still nothing. I had the 42" TV hooked up via the monitor cable and it worked so i'm at a loss...

Hmm... Not sure what the issue is here.

Is there another monitor connected to the PC at the same time as the 32" HDTV? If so, did you remember to enable the secondary monitor (HDTV) in your PC's control panel?

When scrolling through the HDTV's inputs while the PC is connected to it via the VGA cable, do you see the VGA Input selected before it tells you, "No Signal"? I'm thinking the PC Input might be disabled, but I didn't see anything in my user's manual that would suggest that could happen.

What graphics card is currently installed in your PC?

-Wolf sends

Solution

Gesuero1

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
I finally got it! I switched the monitor cable from the original spot on the back of my computer to one next to it and for some reason the TV then recognized the signal. Thanks for your help...