Pioneer car stereo wire harness.

theriju

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
Hey everyone, I'm in a bit of a situation here and was wondering if anyone could help. I have a a Pioneer DEH-1600 already installed in my 99 accord which my dad paid to have installed professionally at pepboys. I recently just purchased a Pioneer DEH-1300mp to replace my old one because I wanted an aux input. The problem is that I know little to nothing about wiring. I can take things apart and install things but I have never tried wiring. The stereo I purchased came with a wire harness as well and I was wondering if I have to completely rewire the harness or if I could just unhook the old stereo and plug the new one in. Especially since the two pioneer stereos are the same model line, I would think that they would use the same wire harness. But unfortunately I do not know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

anwaypasible

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
maybe.

but if they are different.. you can still wire up the new one one wire at a time.
get you some electrical tape and wrap the wire about five times.

its color coded.

you unhook a red wire from the old pioneer harness.. you twist the wire with the red wire from the new harness.. wrap it in tape and repeat until you are done.