Toshiba 46SL417U cannot connect to network

fiocca

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
The wireless connection instructions for this TV give two options. One is a PBC (pushbutton) option for routers? with a pushbutton which I do not have. The second is a PIN option, where the TV provides a PIN and you are suppose to do something with it. Only the TV times out after about 30 seconds once it gives you the PIN.
Is there a simple way to connect this TV to a home wireless network? The TV does find my home network, but it never asks for a WEP or Password to connect.
What's the trick?
Thanks.

fiocca

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Thank you Mr. Wolf, I will try that.
The TV only came with an Easy Set Up Guide (23 pages) and didn't go into much detail. So thanks for sending me the real User's Guide. I'll give that a shot.

Are you familiar with other anomalies with this Model TV? I recall reading a user review from a frustrated owner that said the remote control didn't work. Now, after 2 weeks, mine has stopped working as well. I noticed some firmware bulletins on the link you sent that address several issues that I haven't run into yet, but I didn't see anything in regards to the remote interface. Any ideas?

Thanks again!
Paul Fiocca

fiocca

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Mr. Wolfshadw,

I was able to connect the TV to the wireless network. The problem was with the router itself. Since you give advice to folks, here's what the problem was, that you may share with others.

My router is a Cisco Linksys E1000 which when it is set up establishes a "Guest" SSID that is the same name as the main SSID but with the suffix "-guest". This is the SSID that one is suppose to use to connect external devices to the network.

However, that was not working at all. The "SSID-guest" was found during the TV Scans of the networks, but the TV never noted it as needing a password (Security Key), so it went nowhere.

When I attempted to connect to the main SSID, the TV recognized it as needing a Security Key, asked me to enter it, and everything connected.

So thanks again for your help and thanks for the full User's Guide as well.

Have a Great Christmas!!!

Paul Fiocca

sooii

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
g.gif
Glad you got it working.