High quality headphones with mic? (Not usb)

Well, there are a million gaming headsets with stereo sound and a mic out there. I'd like recommendations for a good headset for stereo sound and mic, so that I can listen to music and take calls without switching devices (let's assume, for now, that I can take calls on my PC).

But: I am really fussy about sound. I use a headset amp from Ray Samuels, rather than the headset out: http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/products/predator. My main headphones are AKG K701 open-backs; they got to be my main ones through a process of auditioning many. I also use the Sennheiser 650 cans, but only for organ music or orchestral; they don't have enough detail for my core listening of Baroque music, the Sennheiser 497, which were a staple for years, and the AudioTechnica ATH-AD700.

So: Does anyone know of a set that sounds really good for Baroque music (light, detailed), has a mic, and attaches with a mic plug and a stereo headphone plug, so I can use my favorite sources? Or a mic that somehow would attach to my existing and beloved headsets? I've found the gaming sets to be rumble-oriented, and not truly hi-fi, or at least to my ears.

Yes, I am aware that how good a set of cans is depends on the ears and tastes of the user. I will audition suggestions and not throw blame if I personally do not care for them. Any help will be greatly appreciated.