Solved! HDTV Picture, surround sound Audio help request

arclight84

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
So I've ran into a bit of a conundrum and I'm hoping someone here can help me out. My girlfriend recently bought a new Westinghouse 40" LED, 1080p, 120hz television to replace her old one. She runs netflicks off of her playstation 3 and she wants to get both HD picture as well as surround sound through her Onkyo A/V HT-R520. Problem is I don't see any HDMI inputs on the back of the thing so I'm a little confused how I'm going to get it to work.

So the question is; am I going to be able to get this to work or is she looking at a new A/V box?

I've looked at it and maybe she can run the HDMI from the PS3 to the TV and then maybe audio out of the TV to the A/V box, not sure if it'll work though. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!!

-Arclight

Solution
According to the specs on that HDTV, it does have coaxial S/PDIF (digital) audio out and if I remember the specs from your receiver correctly, it has a coaxial audio input (right next to the three optical inputs). That would be your best bet.

-Wolf sends
According to the specs on that HDTV, it does have coaxial S/PDIF (digital) audio out and if I remember the specs from your receiver correctly, it has a coaxial audio input (right next to the three optical inputs). That would be your best bet.

-Wolf sends

Solution