Win7 will not detect HDMI after VGA used

walterbyrd_59

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010
My PC to HDTV connection did not look right. I tried a VGA connection, just to see how that would work - it worked fine.

Now win7 will not detect the hdmi connection at all. It's like win7 thinks I have a VGA connection, but I don't.

I am certain I have the input on the hdtv set to the correct hdmi connection. I only have two connections, I have tried them both, many times. I have setting the hdtv to hdmi-1 and hdmi-2 on each connection, many times. I have also tried hitting that "Detect" button on windows, many times. I have also tried rebooting, many times. I have tried several different hdmi cables.

When I try to set the monitor for windows to use, I have two choices: mobile PC or the VGA monitor. But there is no VGA connection. Windows thinks there is, but there isn't.

walterbyrd_59

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010

I tried a VGA connection, it worked. I disconnected the VGA, and re-connected with HDMI.

Now, it will not detect the HDMI.

cirdecus

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2008
When you're adjusting the monitor settings in windows, you say that you have two choices, mobile PC or VGA, but you're saying that you do not have the VGA connected?

Did you try using the function and F keys on your keyboard? There's usually a key that will auto detect and switch your display to your external one. Usually its the Fn key and then one of your F keys.