Solved! PC to HDTV audio problem

Durban4_20

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
I recently tried to run RCA cables from the 3.5mm speaker jack on my PC with a 3.5mm to RCA converter cable(6") to my HDTV however when I hook it up through the "HDMI port 1" audio inputs I don't receive any sound on the television, what can I do to fix this problem? The television is an Emerson LC401EM2f 40" LCD HDTV

Solution
does your video card support sound over dvi? if so why are you using rca cables? before i had a dedicated receiver i had a direct pc to tv dvi-to-hdmi cable and i had perfect sound. if your unit does support this then perhaps the cable you have is not one of the ones which works for this.

as far as the auxilliary audio input ports on the tv go... perhaps there is a setting or mode you need to be on to use them. browse around the settings on the tv and make sure that the pc has the right audio device selected.

Dainard Jackson

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
Hey guys,

I recently tried to run RCA cables from the 3.5mm speaker Jack on my PC with a 3.5mm to RCA converter cable to my HDTV, I hook it up through the "HDMI port 1" audio inputs I didn't receive any sound on the television, what can I do to fix this problem?

Can anyone give me some input on that place?

Thanks
Dainard Jackson

Durban4_20

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
yes i had the TV source on HDMI1. and i have the pc hooked up with a dvi to hdmi cable and rca audio cables running from the speaker jack through a 3.5mm to rca adapter to the HDMI audio jacks on the television and i still receive no sound when on video sourse: HDMI1.

does your video card support sound over dvi? if so why are you using rca cables? before i had a dedicated receiver i had a direct pc to tv dvi-to-hdmi cable and i had perfect sound. if your unit does support this then perhaps the cable you have is not one of the ones which works for this.

as far as the auxilliary audio input ports on the tv go... perhaps there is a setting or mode you need to be on to use them. browse around the settings on the tv and make sure that the pc has the right audio device selected.

Solution